My 25 years of experience as an attorney has given me the ability and expertise to make estate planning as easy, understandable, and straightforward as possible. When I create an estate plan, I make certain you know exactly how it works. I never charge for an initial consultation and, if you live in the St. Louis area, I can meet you at your home or office at your convenience.
I can assist you in all aspects of estate planning and business succession, including:
- Revocable (“living”) trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Health care directives (“living wills”)
- Elder law
- Special Needs Planning and Special Needs Trusts
- Durable powers of attorney
- Business succession planning
- Family partnerships
- Charitable Giving
Estate planning involves deciding how you want your assets distributed after you die (or become unable to make your own financial decisions). It is important to have a basic estate plan in place regardless of your net worth. You should consult with an experienced lawyer regarding the benefits of estate planning:
- You get to name the people to whom you wish to give your assets – and your wishes will be legally binding.
- You can arrange it so that taxes siphon as little as possible from your estate.
- You can plan for what happens when you can no longer care for yourself.
- You have the satisfaction of knowing that your financial affairs are in order, so you won’t bequeath a costly administrative nightmare to your loved ones.
The Missouri Bar publishes an excellent brochure that gives you a good overview of estate planning and probate. Click here for more information.